ccm (updated October 2012)
This metric states the number of independent linear paths through a unit of code and is useful to determine how complex the unit of code is (for this particular tool, a unit is a function or a method).
Complex code is often hard to maintain and extend, so keeping an eye on cyclomatic complexity can pay off.
- Analyzes java-script, TypeScript, c, c++ and c# code (*.js, *.cs, *.ts, *.c, *.cpp, *.h, *.hpp)
- Works on both managed and unmanaged code
- Command line version can output into xml, allowing easy integration with your build pipelines and Continuous Integration software
- Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012 integration
- Command line version runs under mono on both Linux and Mac OS X
Visual Studio Integration
ccm integrates with Vistual Studio 2008, 2010 and 2012. A new tool window, Cyclomatic Complexity, can be opened from the Tools menu.
Download version 1.1.6 for Windows XP and later: vsCCM.
Available here: http://github.com/jonasblunck/ccm
Provided free of charge, no licenses required or needed.